Southeast Alaska Conservation Council is hiring!
Community Engagement Coordinator
Want to put your top-notch graphic design and digital communications skills to work for the most beautiful place on the planet?
The Southeast Alaska Conservation Council seeks a talented professional to coordinate our digital communications and build grassroots support for our campaigns. The Community Engagement Coordinator will create, implement, and track online engagement components of our strategic plans and will manage our digital platforms, supporter database, and online communications. He/she will report to the Executive Director and will work closely with campaign and development staff as well as partner organizations to grow critical support for collaborative campaign goals. Candidates with modern data management and creative design skills highly encouraged to apply.
This is a full-time position and may be based in our downtown Juneau office or remotely in Southeast Alaska. SEACC offers health insurance, 4 weeks paid vacation, flexible scheduling, and a fun, fast-paced work environment. Salary is commensurate with experience.
In 2015, SEACC is shifting Southeast Alaska toward sustainable resource use via tightly run, locally-led, collaborative campaigns highlighting a positive vision of our region’s future and celebrating our unique, salmon-based way of life. We work closely with dozens of community and organizational partners, and achieve our goals through several emerging, independent programs including the Inside Passage Waterkeeper, Tongass Blueprint Project, and the Alaska Climate Action Network. We strive to empower our diverse, local communities with resources in grassroots organizing, water quality science, legal expertise, and multimedia storytelling. Learn more at www.seacc.org and www.insidepassagewaterkeeper.org.
- Manage online communications – Develop, implement and track the success of creative digital campaigns that achieve our supporter engagement, campaign, and fundraising goals, utilize best practices, and are a joy to read and behold.
- Grow and organize our base of support – Use Salesforce and implement Nationbuilder to organize our contacts and build our base. Keep contacts tagged and updated, and cut smart lists as needed to support our organizing objectives.
- Move supporters up ladder of engagement – Use methodical and innovative online marketing and data management techniques to increase public support and participation in our work, support citizen organizing teams around our region, increase individual donations, and win our campaigns. Grow, track, and prepare regular reports on engagement and donation metrics.
- Design for marketing and education – Build and maintain consistent and compelling brand identities for our organization and initiatives. Use bright and positive images and professional, contemporary design to communicate information to the public. Assist with graphic design for print media as time and skills allow.
- Grow your skills and stay on your game - Stay on the leading edge of online marketing with regular research and training.
- Create and maintain organizational and campaign infrastructure – Lead efforts to transform the digital communications infrastructure of our 44 year old organization. Help make us a model of highly effective movement-building for real and lasting social and environmental change.
- Professional experience with web development, database management, and online grassroots engagement software.
- Experience with or demonstrated aptitude for leading data-driven engagement organizing or other strategic campaign efforts. Ability to work toward big-picture objectives.
- A strong eye for visual communications and proficiency with graphic design and image editing software.
- Entrepreneurial spirit and passion to create modern organizational infrastructure for dynamic and innovative campaigns.
- Strong attention to detail, commitment to quality work products, and attention to current best practices in online communications.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, a team-focused approach to projects, and track record of success with colleague and community relationships.
- Impeccable written communication and editorial skills.
- Ability to manage multiple projects and execute tasks under tight timelines.
Please send a single PDF labeled with your name that includes a brief cover letter, resume, references, and if applicable, salary history and relevant work samples, to email@example.com.
Applications accepted until position is filled, with preference given to applications arriving before May 10th. Contract work may be available before final hire. Position to start ASAP.